1. From all the amazing events, what was the one thing that surprised you most about attending GRL?
I'm fairly antisocial when left on my own, and the last couple con's I'd been to the authors were kinda cliquey, so I guess what surprised me was how warm and approachable everyone was. It really felt like we were this bizarre, extended family having a massive family reunion. With male go-go dancers. And a LOT of liquor.
2. I HATE flying, but since I'm going to be coming from Michigan I have to. YIKES! Where will you be traveling from and who will you be bringing with you? Do you like to travel?
I love to travel, but I'm not so hot on the flying part. And, hey! I'm coming from Michigan, too! It'll just be me on this flight - which is almost easier. I went to AAD with my sister, and somehow she manages to be even less patient than I am (quite a great feat). I've been fortunate enough on the last few long-ish flights to sit next to attractive men who didn't mind being used as a pillow, so aside from the actual fun at my destination, that might just have been the best part!
3. What was your favorite part of GRL last year?
That it was in NOLA? No, as a fan-girl, it was getting to meet and hang out with so many authors I admire. The author "hosted" tours were so much fun! As an author, I loved the reading. I wish I'd signed up to do more of them. My internal theatre major really got off on it. I also loved, loved, loved rooming with Stephani Hecht and Jackie Nacht. They were THE BEST ROOMATES EVAH!
4. If you learned one thing from the event, what would it be?
Drag my ass out of my comfort zone! Say hello, for pete's sake! Oh, and that Jackie Nacht is very cute when she's drunk.
5. What advice can you give those who will be attending GRL for the first time?
More of the same - say hi, whether it's to an author or another reader. Speaking as an author (and one who is STUNNED anytime someone recognizes my name), I'm so pleased to talk to readers. Readers (and authors) of our genre in particular tend to be really interesting, eccentric, and often obscenely well educated people. And, in my experience, many of us authors tend to be on the shy side. I think it comes from living in our heads so much!
6. Is there anything you didn't do at GRL last year that you wish you would have? Anything you would have done differently?
I discovered (and it was reinforced at AAD) that I'm getting to... not old, I refuse to accept "old"... tired, I guess, to party like a rock star. I missed a lot of the night-time stuff because I was just too damned tuckered out to go. And, silly me, I brought work along, which meant a certain amount of time sequestered in my room.
7. I heard the Gentleman's party was a riot! Did you attend? Did those sexy boys make you blush?
I missed it! I was in the room editing. And this was probably the one thing I *really* regret missing. Though I did get to see pictures... many, many pictures. Pictures of pretty twinks. Pictures of Mr. Disinterested." And pictures of Heidi Cullinan licking a pretty man...
8. What was interacting with the readers and other authors like?
Well, like I said, I've found that many of us have the same sort of backgrounds. I'm always amazed how many erotic romance authors I know with backgrounds in education, for example. And then there are the folks with such wildly different backgrounds - LA Witt used to edit porn! Damon Suede who makes his living writing professionally for theatre and movies (I think? Something impressive like that.). And our readers are just as varied and smart. That's the best part - having meaningful conversations during the day, then getting so drunk Ethan Day falls flat in the hotel lobby! What more could I ask for!
9. They say what happens at GRL stays at GRL, any naughty stories you would like to share?
Well, now, if I shared it wouldn't be staying at GRL, would it? (hee, hee, hee)
10. And because I'm just naughty that way, I've always wondered what men wear under their kilts. Did you personally find out what Damon Suede wears under his?
I didn't get to check under his kilt, BUT he did allow me to grope his butt - both flexed and relaxed - which was a high point of the trip. He let me do it again at AAD, and I'm hoping that we can make it a tradition!
Ryan is Thomas’ golden boy, his submissive. His beautiful. As hot, as vibrant and pliant, as the wax Thomas enjoys pouring on Ry’s glistening skin.
Tonight, for your pleasure as well as his own, Thomas invites you to watch as he rewards his beautiful with a mesmerizing wax-play scene, proving his lust and love with each colorful layer. Until Ryan is lost in subspace, soaring, moaning…melting.
(also available at ARe, Nook, and Kindle)