Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Unsoiled - GayRomLit Author - Scotty Cade



1. The list of events is amazing. What are you looking forward to the most?
First and foremost, seeing my BFF Jo Peterson, then meeting the fans and other authors.

2. Where will you be traveling from and who will you be bringing with you?
My partner Kell and I will be flying in from Martha’s Vineyard!

3. If you could ask an attendee from last year one question to help prepare you for GRL what would it be?
Everything from beginning to end. I’m a bit nervous as I’m getting conflicting stories about how the entire thing works. Things such as publishers bringing our books versus us bringing our own books, just stuff like that.

4. This will be my first ever, public appearance and I’m nervous as hell. Is this your very first public appearance or have you attended other events? If you’ve attended other events, what were they like? Were you nervous the first time?
This is number four for me. When my first book came out, I had three signings and then after the “Love” series ended, I had another one to promote the entire series. And hell yes, I was nervous as hell.  At one signing I had to read an excerpt and that scared me to death. People were very gracious and acted very interested in the writing process which I loved talking about.

5. I am very quiet when I meet new people (Oh shut up Joel I hear you snickering from here) Are you outgoing? More reserved?
Hell, I never met a stranger. I love learning about new people and what makes them tick. And Jo, you are so not shy!

6. I admit, I’m going to be like a crazy stalker fan of Rick R. Reed. Who are you looking forward most to meeting? 
I already told you, YOU! Oh and thanks for stalking Rick Reed and not me! Some BFF!

7. No way in hell could I stand up and do a reading? I’d be spitting, sputtering, and turning 50 shades of RED. Did you sign up to do an author reading?
Hell no! But I heard about how you spit on people. :)

8. What do you think readers and other authors will be most surprised by when they meet you?
Oh I don’t know. I never think people have preconceived notions about me or that they even wondered about me, but I guess I look pretty snooty on my website, but I’m not, am I?

9. I hear the boys of our genre put on a hell of a party! Do you plan to attend the Cowboy party Thursday night?
Oh yeah! I’m one of the sponsors and I’m really looking forward to kicking up my heels. Boot heels that is, not high heels. 

10. Go ahead you can be honest with me. You want to know what is under Damon Suede’s Kilt don’t you?
Ha! I already know! Eat your heart out ladies!!!! And gentlemen!!!!!

Coming Soon to Dreamspinner Press!

Tristan Moreau loves his job as chief administrative officer and personal assistant to Webber Kincaid, President, Chairman, and CEO of Kincaid International. It would be the perfect job… if only he hadn’t fallen in love with his boss as well as the work. After two years, he’s still doing everything in his power to keep his feelings hidden—mostly because he wants to protect the reputation of his famous boss but also because he wants to keep his job. 
Webber Kincaid has stayed in the closet, using his best friend and confidante as his beard. Everything in his life was working out just fine until he met Tristan Moreau. Within months, Tristan stole his heart and became his lifeline. But Webber knows the rules of the workplace better than anyone, so he’s kept his distance. 
But two years is too long to wonder “what if?”—especially when business takes them to a private Caribbean island. When Tristan and Webber succumb to the tropical heat, their professionalism starts to backslide. It’s a seemingly impossible relationship, making a go at it under the paparazzi’s microscope. It may be the best—or the worst—business decision they ever made.

Look for An Unconventional Courtship and Scotty's other titles HERE

Scotty Cade
Scotty Cade left Corporate America and twenty-five years of marketing and public relations behind to buy an inn & restaurant on the island of Martha's Vineyard with his partner of fourteen years.

He started writing stories as soon as he could read, but only recently for publication. When not at the inn, you can find him on the bow of his boat writing male/male romance novels with his Shetland sheepdog Mavis at his side. Being from the South and a lover of commitment and fidelity, most of his characters find their way to long, healthy relationships, however long it takes them to get there. He believes that in the end, the boy should always get the boy.

Scotty and his partner are avid boaters and live aboard their boat, spending the summers on Martha's Vineyard and winters in Charleston, SC, and Savannah, GA.

Visit Scotty at http://www.scottycade.com and Facebook. You can contact him at Scotty@scottycade.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment