GayRomLit - Skilled - KC Burn
1. From all the amazing events, what was the one thing that surprised you most about attending GRL?
Probably how eager everyone was, how much everyone loves the genre. I’ve never been to a convention before, only professional writing conferences, and while getting together with a lot of other authors is a lot of fun and inspiring, but having readers and authors together changed the whole vibe, and it was very exciting.
2. I HATE flying, but since I'm going to be coming from Michigan I have to. YIKES! Where will you be traveling from and who will you be bringing with you? Do you like to travel?
I love to travel, well, I like it plenty when I’m in a new place. The actual process of travelling I could do without - why don’t we have transporters yet? I’m coming from Orlando, and I’ll be bringing my hubby with me.
3. What was your favorite part of GRL last year?
Probably the book signing. I’ve never had a chance to attend a book signing as an author until then (and still haven’t done another one). I have to admit, that was super cool. The other awesome bit was the author-hosted lunches. I was fortunate enough to share hosting duties with the lovely PD Singer, and I attended one hosted by the fabulous Lynn Lorenz. So much fun.
4. If you learned one thing from the event, what would it be?
Relax. I’m shy and have social anxiety - I didn’t manage to meet everyone who I wanted to because I was overwhelmed by all the new faces. But here’s the thing… most of the people I missed last year are attending this year. I still have a chance!
5. What advice can you give those who will be attending GRL for the first time?
Yeah, that would be “relax” again. No matter how shy you are, probably most of the other people there are as well and will welcome any sort of conversation.
6. Is there anything you didn't do at GRL last year that you wish you would have? Anything you would have done differently?
I wish I’d been able to meet more people. This year, I’m going to try initiate more conversations, assuming I don’t totally freak, though ;) Part of the problem I had was that I have difficulty matching live people to their photos, so sometimes I didn’t even know who was who, because I’d only seen pictures. Unless I wanted to spend a whole lot of time staring at chests (the name tags were a little small).
7. I heard the Gentleman's party was a riot! Did you attend? Did those sexy boys make you blush?
I did attend, and they didn’t make me blush. Not the first time I’ve seen male strippers. It was a lot of fun, although I’d had a bout of food poisoning the weekend before I drove to GRL, so I was tired and not too interested in alcohol. I definitely think I would have been able to relax in such a crowd with a little liquid courage.
8. What was interacting with the readers and other authors like?
Good. Despite the fact that I was overwhelmed, there wasn’t any nastiness that I saw.
9. They say what happens at GRL stays at GRL, any naughty stories you would like to share?
Oh, if only I had any…
10. And because I'm just naughty that way, I've always wondered what men wear under their kilts. Did you personally find out what Damon Suede wears under his?
Ha! Damon was one of the authors I wanted to meet, and I just ran out of steam for meeting new people. Hopefully this year I’ll manage!
Alien ‘n’ Outlaw – blurb
R'kos, son of the Ankylos Emperor, is expected to settle down. But he's much more attracted to human males than to his own species. Eager to explore his forbidden longings, he steals a ship and heads to Elora Ki to see if he can find the right human guy.
Darien robs the corrupt to give to those in need, but now he needs a ride off Elora Ki, stat. Pursued by drug lords, he accepts help from the amorous stranger who calls himself Ricky. As they fly together along Darien's route, their friendship quickly turns into passion.
But when Ricky is injured, Darien must contact the embassy to get his alien lover the medical care he needs. As Darien finds himself accused of kidnapping, and Ricky fears his family's disappointment, can the two protect their growing relationship? Or are their differences just too great?
Buy Link: http://bit.ly/O2LsNE