1. The list of events is amazing. What are you looking forward to the most?
Oh, definitely the karaoke party. I’ve been practicing in my car. *warbles something by Adele*
2. Where will you be traveling from and who will you be bringing with you?
I’m travelling from Alabama, and my husband is coming with me. He’ll make sure my sedated ass gets off the plane in one piece. (P.S. The furthest west I’ve ever been is Missouri.)
3. If you could ask an attendee from last year one question to help prepare you for GRL what would it be?
Does what happens at GRL stay at GRL? ;)
4. This will be my first ever, public appearance and I'm nervous as hell. Is this your very first public appearance or have you attended other events? If you've attended other events, what were they like? Were you nervous the first time?
I went to Dragon*Con last year and hung out with Shae Connor, but I mainly just sat back and tried to blend in. That was before my first book came out. GRL will be my first “real” public appearance. I’m TERRIFIED.
5. I am very quiet when I meet new people (Oh shut up Joel I hear you snickering from here) Are you outgoing? More reserved?
I’m pretty outgoing once I get settled. Then it will be a battle trying to get me to shut up.
6. I admit, I'm going to be like a crazy stalker fan of Rick R. Reed. Who are you looking forward most to meeting? I’m going to fangirl like crazy over?
Z.A. Maxfield. She may end up taking a restraining order out on me. I’m also going to meet Bella Leone for the first time in person. We’ve been cyber friends for a few years, and I’m very excited to see her.
7. No way in hell could I stand up and do a reading? I'd be spitting, sputtering, and turning 50 shades of RED. Did you sign up to do an author reading?
Yes. What the hell was I thinking?! I can’t even dictate my writing to my COMPUTER without blushing like crazy, and I signed up to read to PEOPLE!
8. What do you think readers and other authors will be most surprised by when they meet you?
I’m a total dork. Anyone who’s seen my Twitter/Facebook picture has been duped. I don’t wear makeup if I can help it, my hair is only straight after the stylist cuts it and blows it out, and I’m probably going to be wearing a goofy t-shirt and jeans when you meet me. Oh and I wear glasses. Trifocals, if you must know.
9. I hear the boys of our genre put on a hell of a party! Do you plan to attend the Cowboy party Thursday night?
Hell yeah! Save a horse, ride a cowboy and all that.
10. Go ahead you can be honest with me. You want to know what is under Damon Suede's Kilt don't you?
But of course *evil grin*
Years after Sean’s heart was broken by his first love Jamie, he is ready to try his hand at love again with Tyler, his handsome, perfect-geek-for-him boyfriend. But when Jamie returns home after twelve years in the Army, Sean finds himself unable to choose between his passion for Tyler and his still smoldering desire for Jamie.
But if Jamie and Tyler get along, maybe he won’t have to choose after all.
GET YOUR COPY HERE
I was born and raised in Alabama, and I grew up swearing I was going to get the hell out of Dodge the instant I could. Turns out Dodge ain't so bad, and I never left. Alabama's version of a city girl, I married a country boy, and we live in a small town with our two socially awkward dogs.
I love to write about love, and it turns out most of the voices in my head are men. I also love to write about the South, so most of my stories end up there, one way or another. I believe the only thing Crash Davis left out of his speech was the happy ever after.
A tomboy and a geek from way back, I have a day job but dream I will one day write full time. I'm positive there's nothing better than shrimp & grits and red velvet cake. I have a weakness for yaoi, stationery, YA, and ginger-haired singers from Britain, and I own an impressive t-shirt collection. Nowaki & Hiroki are my homeboys.
My book Pine Tar & Sweet Tea will be released by Loose Id on October 9, 2012. Also available from Loose Id is my first book What We Deserve (2011).