1. If you could have a summer fling with any one of your characters who would it be?
2. Describe him for us.
Travis, from my new release Almost Paradise, is a single father of an adorable little two year old girl named Hannah. He's utterly devoted to her, has always thought of her first and would do anything for her now that he finally has sole custody. He's got messy brown hair and brown eyes. He's cute but doesn't realize it.
3. Why Travis? What is it about him that makes him so interesting?
Travis fascinates me because of how good of a father he is. When I decided to write him I thought of everything that I loved about good fathers; their protectiveness, their love, their patience and unfailing devotion to being the best man they can be.
4. You have the chance to go anywhere in the world with Travis. Where would you go and what would you do?
Travis is a pretty simple guy. He likes movies, hanging out at home and spending time outside. He's always wanted to go to Australia and so he would take Hannah and I to see the beaches, the unusual wildlife and places that in the States we can barely imagine. We'd watch Kangaroos, go swimming, take a tour and see the sights.
5. You plan a romantic dinner; tell us what your idea of a romantic dinner is? Do you make reservations at your favorite restaurant or do you cook a special meal?
Travis has always loved to cook and after the events in Almost Paradise, he's been able to start taking classes. His idea of a perfect romantic dinner is a nice big salad, a glass of sweet tea, a great steak, a sweet potato, asparagus and a large gooey chocolate chip cookie for dessert.
6. Is Travis more the love them and leave them kind of guy or does he believe in happily ever after with that one special person?
Travis has always hoped to find someone that he could spend his life with but that person would have to accept all of him and most importantly Hannah. He could never be with someone that wouldn't also be a father to his little girl.
7. While slow dancing, what music is playing ? Is Travis graceful on the dance floor or are your toes going to be bruised in the morning?
Apocalyptica does an amazing remake of Metallica's Unforgiven. It's completely instrumental and new version is beautiful and surreal. This is the song that would be playing while we danced. He's not very graceful but he is careful. My toes wouldn't be in jeopardy.
8. And speaking of bruises, is Travis more of a slow sensual lover or raw animalistic passion?
He prefers to be the one being bruised. While he's gentle and careful with everyone around him, when he's in the bedroom he likes his sex rough, savors the bruises and enjoys every scrape of his lover's teeth, every brush of rough stubble that rubs against his skin.
9. It's always fun to fantasize about a fling but, would Travis be the kind to have one? Is he single or if in a committed relationship, is he the kind who would cheat?
I can tell you that Travis would never have a fling and wouldn't consider cheating for any reason. More than that though you'll have to read the book to find out.
10. Tell us where to find him so we can have a summer fling with him too.
Travis will do anything to keep his daughter safe, now that he finally has custody. Financially ruined, he cannot even afford food for himself most days. Could a stranger's offer to dog sit be the solution Travis has been hoping for?
Travis has done everything to keep his daughter safe. He's fought a long, hard battle in the courts to gain full custody and has finally found some breathing room. But that security comes at a heavy price.
Staying in a motel and living off his quickly dwindling savings is no way to raise a toddler, so when Liam steps into his life and offers him hundreds of dollars just to watch his dogs for a weekend, it almost seems too good to be true.
But when he finds out there is more to Liam than he ever thought, he has a hard decision to make. Can he and his daughter stay and be safe or will he need to leave?